Integration with Discord

Hey there! First of all let me say thanks for building this service! I’ve been testing it out for about a week now and I really like it.

I’m hoping to see integration added for Discord, which is a chat application similar to Slack or Gitter. Discord has built-in support for Webhooks, but on my own I haven’t been able to figure out how to set up a custom configuration to use with Buddy. If you take a look at Discord’s documentation on Webhooks, they show how simple it is to set up GitHub integration and start receiving notifications in your Discord server. It would be awesome if Buddy also had a simple way to set up notifications like this.

So you might be wondering, why do I want to use Discord instead of Slack? A few reasons:

• It has built in voice chat, a feature Slack still lacks.
  • It is entirely free to use no matter how many users your server has on it.
  • It supports large open communities, something Slack is actively against, making it better suited for open-source projects.

Going forward I plan to use Discord as the primary team communication tool for all of my projects and will be encouraging others to do the same.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Thanks for a suggestion, @Saeris! You’re the first one to request for it - we’ve added it to our backlog.
Does Discord have API with which you’re able to add the message? Are you able to execute it with CURL?

Here is their official API Documentation:

That’s about all I know about the subject. I would assume that yes you can execute it via CURL.

Discord works a little like Slack, it’s easyer to do bots in it or use webhooks like Slack.
I know some companies here that use Slack for whole company and Discord for internal stuffs not secret. And in the gaming world it’s the most used messenger system.

I’ll be happy if Buddy Works can handle Discord too.

Thanks for your suggestion, @o_be_one! I’m happy to say that we already have it in our backlog.
Our roadmap depends on our users’ requests, so let us know if you have any other suggestions :+1:

Hello,

I’m analyzing Buddy features to decide whether our team need to purchase a subscription or not and integration with Discord is what we would need as Discord has a lot features Slack does not have that makes Discord a good choice for software developers.

So I would vote on Discord integration too.

With best regards,
Dmitry

Thanks for sharing, @Dmitry. We’re planning to deliver Discord integration at the Q1 2018.
Hope you decide to stick with Buddy for good then.

Hey @Octavia is there any update on this? Q1 is almost over :frowning:

Thanks!

@joelwmale, Unfortunately we were not able to deliver this feature within the timeframe planned due to other, highly-requested features like pull requests or on tag push.

We’ll do our best to deliver Discord integration by the end of QII, though.
Hope you understand!