Update Buddy to a specific version

Hello,

I know it is possible to install a certain version of Buddy Enterprise by running:

sudo buddy --ver=1.5.63 install

Is there a command to update Buddy to a certain version? The reason I ask is because I have a full backup of Buddy version 1.5.30 (with more than 20 projects) and would like to update to 1.5.63. I have tried installing 1.5.63 from scratch and then restoring from the backup, assuming to have full working version 1.5.63. By doing that, I ran into a couple of issues:

1. Couldn’t install 1.5.63 because of the error:

yaml.scanner.ScannerError: while scanning for the next token found character ‘\t’ that cannot start any token in “./docker-compose.yml”, line 5, column 1

So I tried installing older versions, but all of them gave the same error until I reached 1.5.54, which installed correctly.

1. Once 1.5.54 was installed and confirmed to be working, I tried restoring from my backup, and once I did that, my Buddy version rolled back to 1.5.30.

Could anyone let me know how can I get the latest free version of Buddy while utilizing my backup from 1.5.30? I am having issues with 1.5.30 - it now asks me to upgrade to paid version when I try to create a new project. This is a bug that was solved by technical support at least twice in the past, but the last time I asked for help, they said they can’t help me because I run a “free” version of Buddy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

OK, so what if I want to install version 2.0 on a brand new machine and then restore from my backup, which is from version 1.5.30? Will my Buddy version be reverted back to 1.5.30?

Does is make sense to everyone? Because it doesn’t for me.

Hello Stan,
It is currently impossible to update Buddy to a specific version and since the backup is in the specific version of Buddy it is impossible to restore it to a different version.